- Variation in pressure inside liquid with height, problems
- Problems , Inclination of liquid surface in static condition, rotation of container filled with liquid.
- Archimedes principle and force of buoyancy , Pascal’s law,
- atmospheric pressure, Gauge pressure, Absolute pressure, Barometer, and Manometer.
- Force applied by liquid on base of container and wall of container.Center of gravity, Center of Buoyancy, Meta-center, stability of completely submerged body and partially submerged body , metacentre.
- Types of flow, Uniform and Non-Uniform flow, Laminar and Turbulent flow, Reynolds number, Equation of continuity, Volume flow rate and Mass flow rate, Bernoulli theorem.
- Applications of Bernoulli theorem,
- Venturimeter, velocity of Efflux, Syphon action.
SIMPLE HARMONIC MOTION (SHM)
- Definitions of periodic motion, oscillatory motion, and SHM, frequency, time period, amplitude, angular frequency.Differential equation of SHM, equation of SHM,
- SHM as projection of uniform circular motion, phase,
- Problems on phase , equation of SHM when mean position is not at origin.
- Velocity, acceleration and displacement of particle in terms of time (t) and displacement (x). Graphs, potential, kinetic and total energy in terms of time (t) and displacement (x), important graphs.
- Force method to find the time period, spring mass system ,
- , problems on force method, combinations of springs , springs in series , springs in parallel,
- energy methods to find the time period and Problems on spring mass system
- Angular SHM ,Differential equation of angular SHM, equation of angular SHM, method to find the time period in angular SHM
- Time period of simple pendulum, time period of simple pendulum when forces other than gravity and tension are also present, effective g. Fractional and percentage error , error in measurement of g, time period of simple pendulum when length of wire is comparable to radius of earth, Compound pendulum, its time period, minimum time period,
- Problems on compound pendulum , Torsional pendulum.
- Superposition of two parallel SHMs and perpendicular SHMs.
WAVE ON STRING
- Definition and classification of wave, Mechanical & Non mechanical waves, Transverse & Longitudinal waves, Progressive and Stationary waves
- Differential form of wave equation, General form of equation of Progressive wave, How to find wave equation in terms of x and t when equation is given in terms of either x or t
- wave on string introduction,Wavelength,Time period ,Frequency, Angular frequency, Wave number, Wave speed and velocity of particle, acceleration of particle, slope of string, direction of velocity of particle, relation b/w Phase difference and Path difference, relation b/w Phase difference and Time difference
- Derivation of speed of wave on string, examples
- Instantaneous and Average power transmitted by wave, Instantaneous and average intensity of a wave on string
- Superposition of waves,Interference,Resultant intensity, Constructive and Destructive Interference
- Reflection and Transmission of wave from one to other medium, effect of Reflection and Transmission on frequency, speed,Wavelength and Phase.
equation of reflected and transmitted waves.
- Stationary waves, its equation, Nodes and Anti-nodes, Phase difference, vibration of string fixed at both ends, vibration of string fixed at one end.
- Resonance,Sonometer, Melde's experiment, kinetic energy and potential energy of small element of string.
- Introduction to Sound wave, variation of pressure with time and distance, variation in density and position with time. Equation of sound wave, relation b/w pressure Amplitude and Displacement Amplitude. Phase difference b/w Pressure wave and Displacement wave.
- Speed of Sound wave, Newton’s formula and La-place corrections Dependence of speed of sound on Temperature, Pressure and relative Humidity.
- Intensity of sound wave, Wave front, Shape of wave-front for point source, Line source and Plane source. Variation of Intensity with distance from source. Sound level, relative Sound Level, Pitch.
- Superposition of two sound waves, interference constructive and destructive interference, Reflection of Sound, Echo.
- Stationary wave in sound, vibrations of Air column in Organ pipes, Open Organ Pipe and Closed Organ Pipe Resonance Tube method to find the speed of sound, Beats.
- Doppler’s effect, when observer is moving and source is stationery, when source is moving and observer is stationary, when both source and observer are moving. When medium is also moving.